Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2006 chrysler sebring

Posted by angel123 (pop741.1@netzero.com) on
Wed, Jun 25, 08 at 9:38

I have a 2006 Chrysler sebring touring 4 cylinder 2.4 engine with 45,000 miles on it. I just wanted to know if this car make is reliable? Here some pictures!! Picture 003

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2006 chrysler sebring

It got you 45,000 miles didn't it. nice car

o
RE: 2006 chrysler sebring

I have a 1998 Dodge Stratus with the 2.4 L, 4cy, dual overhead cams. It hss been on cross-country trips, in the Smokys, Rockies, Black Hills, and some desert driving, and it has been reliable. Highway mileage is about 30 miles per gal and when conditions are optimal, it will get 32 mpg. Presently, it has 92,000 miles and sometime this summer, I plan to change the timing belt. (Scheduled maintence calls for a change by 108,000 miles.) The only other maintence it has had is regular oil and filter change, coolant and thermostat change, sparkplugs, and spsrkplugs leads, and one set of tires.

Your engine is based on the same design and you may have the same. However, you could have the higher output version with a turbo-charger. The turbocharged version may have stonger crank, rods, and main bearings. Otherwise, it is essentially the same engine. You'd have to check to see what the parts difference is. The turbocharger may have a little less reliability.

This engine is ok if you don't ask too much of it and drive it in a reasonable manner. Its 4 speed automatic transmissoin is the best shifting one of Chrysler's offering. They finally got one right after the disasterous 1989 model when Chrysler changed from all hydraulic controlled tranny to the electronically controlled one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here