SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mister_h

Radiator Hose Collapsed?

mister_h
17 years ago

Today I found my car's (2005 Honda Accord) upper radiator hose collapsed (almost flat) like some kind of vaccum in the cooling line sucked in. Before I found this, this was what happened.

2 days ago, my wfie was driving with A/C on a hot day on hilly highways. She noticed some kind of steam coming out from the vent. She immediately turned off the A/C and kept on driving.

Yesterday, she drove about 60 miles with A/C on and nothing happened.

This morning, she drove to a gas station 5 minutes away from home and, while she was filling up, she noticed that green radiator fluid is leaking under the car (overflowing from the reservoir I assume). She drove home and took another car to work.

When I got home in the evening and opened up the hood, I noticed that the upper radiator hose is flattened. The reserovoir coolant level was in the middle but when I opened the radiator cap, I barely could see the coolant. So I poured in about 2 cups of water directly into the radiator. Then I warmed up the engine to normal running temperature and the upper radiator hose became normal/round again. I test drove for about 20 miles with A/C on all the time in the 85F evening but nothing unusual was found - the cooling water temp gauge was at slightly below half line and the car ran just fine.

What do you think is going on with the cooling system of this car? What would make the upper radiator hose collapsed?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks