SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seiketsu

VW New Beetle Convertible

Seiketsu
18 years ago

For some reason, I've really been jonesing for a New Beetle convertible. In the Harvest Moon cream color. I don't understand this new obsession. All the reviews say cute car, but not worth the money and a pain in the butt to maintain.

I've always driven reliable, practical cars. I learned how to drive on a Volvo tank -- pre-Ford and thus indestructible. My first car was a used Toyota Camry that made it to 200,000 miles before it got totalled. My current car is a used Honda Accord. It hasn't even made it to the 100k mile mark yet. This car still has a good 10 years left in it. And I've always told myself that if for some reason I had to get a new car sooner than expected, 1) it would be "new to me" and 2) it would be a hybrid.

But I'm young, and I'm tired of practical. If I don't go impractical now, before family responsibilites come along, I'd have to wait until my midlife crisis. I want a cute Bug, poor reliability be damned. The Honda is paid off, so theoretically I could keep it and get a Beetle as a second car (thus making reliability and non-existent cargo space less of an issue). Although it's kind of stupid for one person to have two cars.

Any Beetle lovers out there? Beetle haters? I'm interested in the TDI, although I don't think it's an option for the convertible.

Talk me out of this. Or into it.

Comments (16)

Sponsored