Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to repair paint chips on the rear bumper and trunk

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 25, 06 at 2:49

I reversed my car and accidentally bumped onto the garage door before it was fully lifted up. This left with 2 paint chips (0.75" long) and a small scrach on my rear bumper and trunk. Is there any way I can repair the two paint chips by myself?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to repair paint chips on the rear bumper and trunk

Well, since no one else has chimed in ...

Your car dealer and most auto parts stores will carry touch-up paint for your particular car color. There also are instructions on the Internet (some with pictures) on how to touch up scratches like the ones you have. The bumper might be a different story because so many bumpers these days are made of plastic, not metal. However, you could try the touch-up paint on the bumper as well. Perhaps someone else will chime in with more information.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here