Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good time to buy a used SUV

Posted by johndeere (My Page) on
Wed, May 10, 06 at 23:07

My sons Fiance wanted a big SUV Chevy Tahoe and wanted the 06 style and not the new 07 style.So I helped them locate a Certified used still under factory warranty deal.

After she got sticker shock looking at the new ones.High 30's and high 40's nicely equipped.I went shopping with them for a bargain.We found several 06 4x4 well equipped less then a year low miles lots of remaining factory warranty time and miles models out there.For an average of 10 thousand dollars off new sale prices and often more.

She bought one with 4 wheel drive full power, Onstar,XM radio,CD third row seating,you name it it has it.For $25250.00 after negotiating them down a few $1000.00 and getting a full CarFax report.It has 20,0000 miles on it so it has 16,000 miles of warranty and 23 months what ever comes first of full factory warranty.Plus she got a extended GM warranty for 5 years or 60,000 miles with the savings recieved in negotiating a better price.

I tried to tell her there bad on gas.But she wanted it and she got a nearly $40.000.00 vehical for $25.000.00.I guess there are some good things about the gas prices.She looked at several from several different dealers.They were all with in a reasonable close dollar amount of the same buying price.However older models around 02 high miles no warranty seem to still be redicuously high priced.

If you are looking for something like this check it out.Now is the time to buy if you can swing the gas bill to operate it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good time to buy a used SUV

yep there are some good deals on suv`s and 4x4 pickups now, and if you dont drive much or just dont care about gas prices, they can be a real bargain.

o

And she's gonna get about 18 MPG with it on the highway. That ain't bad! My Expedition gets 20. And my Dakota gets 15! So guess what I drive?? The EVIL vehicle!!
Yes there are the busybodies that want to dictate who can do what but the free marketplace is working. The values of the large vehicles are falling and there are plenty of bargains out there today.
I hope she gets many years of enjoyment out of her truck. And who cares what other busybodies think!

o

I hope she gets 18mpg!However owners have warned her to expect around 12 to 15.She does not have a heavy lead foot however so that should help her out.She will need to keep my son from driving however.Because he drives like a Nut!He would be bad for her fuel economy.

o

last 4x4 suv i owned was a explorer with the 4.0 auto, the best i could get was 18mpg on the highway, not good mpg, but not bad for that type of vehicle. for the kind of driving i do, theres no point in pushing all that iron around with no use for it. they are great vehicles if you have the need for one, i`d rather have the extra money in my pocket.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here