SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johndeere_gw

Good time to buy a used SUV

johndeere
17 years ago

My sons Fiance wanted a big SUV Chevy Tahoe and wanted the 06 style and not the new 07 style.So I helped them locate a Certified used still under factory warranty deal.

After she got sticker shock looking at the new ones.High 30's and high 40's nicely equipped.I went shopping with them for a bargain.We found several 06 4x4 well equipped less then a year low miles lots of remaining factory warranty time and miles models out there.For an average of 10 thousand dollars off new sale prices and often more.

She bought one with 4 wheel drive full power, Onstar,XM radio,CD third row seating,you name it it has it.For $25250.00 after negotiating them down a few $1000.00 and getting a full CarFax report.It has 20,0000 miles on it so it has 16,000 miles of warranty and 23 months what ever comes first of full factory warranty.Plus she got a extended GM warranty for 5 years or 60,000 miles with the savings recieved in negotiating a better price.

I tried to tell her there bad on gas.But she wanted it and she got a nearly $40.000.00 vehical for $25.000.00.I guess there are some good things about the gas prices.She looked at several from several different dealers.They were all with in a reasonable close dollar amount of the same buying price.However older models around 02 high miles no warranty seem to still be redicuously high priced.

If you are looking for something like this check it out.Now is the time to buy if you can swing the gas bill to operate it.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!