SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Good or bad deal on used car??

catherinet
17 years ago

Hi all,

Neither my husband nor I am up on some things....one of which is how to wheel and deal for a car. We usually buy a new one, and keep it for at least 10 years. Our daughter needed a car (first one), and so we decided to go with Honda, since I'm very happy with my Odyssey and the service. We found a 2000 Civic, 4 doors, 80,000 miles. It had some recent hail dings, but they didn't bother us enough to not consider the car. The inside of the car looked completely new. We asked for a history of the car, and it was one owner, and it had never been in an accident.

They were asking 10,000, but we got them down to 7,900.

We also bought a 2 year/24,000 mile warranty on it for 1,200. We felt pretty good about the deal, but now that we're home, I'm thinking it went too easily....especially for a Honda dealer. Do you think we underestimated how low to offer, considering the dents from the hail? And now that I've read the info from my other post about the hail damage to my Odyssey (and how the paint damage might not show up at first), do you think we were really foolish? I didn't count the dings, but it just didn't bother us enough to not consider the car........but I might change my mind if all these little dings start peeling.....

I probably shouldn't even be asking this, since it's a done deal........just hoping you might tell me we did okay with this. (Of course, only time will really tell.) Thanks!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus