Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
car wax - 'swirls ???'

Posted by Rocky3 (My Page) on
Sun, May 22, 05 at 22:48

Just read on another forum -

Several people in agreement that applying and removing wax using circular motions is the biggest contributor of swirls in your paint, especially dark colored vehicles.

They know they are going against the wax and polish manufacturers - these people are sticking to their guns.

Their suggestion - Apply and remove wax in straight motions; from the front-end to the windshield, for example.

I sure would like to hear a little more discussion on this before I try it. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: car wax - 'swirls ???'

There is one product called "Liquid Glass" that does specify in their instructions to apply the product in straight lines, not circular motions. I have a black finish and this product works great. Lot's of compliments on my 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis.

o
RE: car wax - 'swirls ???'

It`s an amazing simple law of nature. The way to avoid swirls is make sure you apply an equal and oposite number of swirls in the opposing direction.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here