Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dog Scratches

Posted by rabbit8 (My Page) on
Sat, May 20, 06 at 19:39

Had my new volkswagen parked the my back yard and my german shepherd has a few little scratches on the front of it (not too noticable, but you know how it is with a new car, you don't want any stratches on it. Is there a way I can get them out (only about 3 of them about 3 inches long. Is it worth gettin upset over? what can I use to get rid of them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dog Scratches

If the scratches are just surface you might be able to compuind/buff them out. If they are deep and to the bare metal then they need to be sanded and repainted. If it were my brand new car, I'd be inclined to at least get an estimate from a body shop (or the dealer) and see what its worth before I just decided to live with it.

Hope it's an easy fix. Dogs and kids.. you've got to love 'em.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here