SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tab_b_gw

Problems with my 2000 Pontiac Grand GT

tab_b
14 years ago

First off my check engine light is on, so I there is something wrong with my car. I don't know anything at all about cars was wondering if someone might know what could be wrong and about how much it's going to cost me.

Problem:

As I am driving my car seems to not get into the right gear, and the RMP thing goes up to 4 when this happens. This doesn't happen every time I drive, and doesn't always happen at the same speed. Now I have notices the this seems to happen at 30 MPH, 40 MPH or 55 MPH. Also when I am going up hill is seems to slip out of gear and my MPH start to drop without me taking my foot off the gas, and again the RPMs start to go up. If I take my foot off the gas and repress it down something I can get into gear, and something I have to keep trying over and over. I have ask a few friends about this issue and they have all said many different things, but none of them really knows cars. I hope someone can help me on here. I am thinking it is going to cost me a lot cause this cars seems to need something "not cheap" replaced about every 6 months, and I am due for another big bill. Thanks for anyone who takes the time to help me.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor