SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iggie_gw

Thanks a Second Time John G

iggie
12 years ago

A few years back John G posted a message about servicing a car with a seemingly impossible problem. He related the problem was caused by a defective computer module, the 5 volt reference input was missing, One of the group bought a used car from an individual and after a few days use it started acting strangely, no power would start ok but that was it. Several of the local shops were baffled, a group of us were discussing our friends delima when Marcel a retired mechanic who sometimes post here, told us about John Gs post and suggested we check for the reference voltage. We did and sure enough nothing at that point zero voltage, bought a rebuilt computer chip problem solved. I think I posted a message thanking John G. Well John here,s another one. I stopped in for coffee at the local gathering place for tinkers and such( A Hardees, you get a huge container for a buck and refills for 50 cents if you want one. Anyway one of the regulars mentioned his grandson had purchased a Ford Tarus and it was acting strangely and the young man had been quoted some quite high prices for a repair although the shop had not given a cause but stated extensive electronic trouble shooting would be required. I listened and remembered Marcel telling us about John Gs post. I mentioned such and we got a pin out of the computer chip and checked, sure enough no 5 volts, replaced chip and car runs like a well tuned Swiss watch. So our thanks and Hats off to John G. from Iggie & his group of older Tinkers, youngster in group is 75. Thanks John, Iggie

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm