Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rx7 gse headlights 1984.

Posted by charleney (My Page) on
Fri, May 12, 06 at 16:31

Headlights work, but high beams will not stay on when i pull back on the headligh control arm. Any suggestions.??? The high beams work. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rx7 gse headlights 1984.

I presume that your '84 RX7 controls the high/low beams with a stalk mounted on the steering column. From your description, it seems that the electrcial circuits to the headlamps are on order and that the problem is mechanical with the the high-beam position in the switch. It will not hold the "high" position. It's high-low beam toggle is damaged or the switch is loose. Could it be that you are not moving the stalk far enough and engaging only to the "flash high beam" position (provided the '84 had that feature)?

o
RE: rx7 gse headlights 1984.

Probably a relay that is opened/closed with the stalk switch..
The economical VW (1980) did not use a relay, but I'll bet the RX does.
Also check the grounds..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here