Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help finding Honda CRX Pistons

Posted by wildflower (My Page) on
Wed, May 13, 09 at 16:12

Hi All, I've been searching for pistons (not rings) for a 91 Honda CRX HF
D15B6
I need 4 pistons 0.20 or larger. I seem to be having no luck searching the web so either these are really rare or I'm just not doing the right search... I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help finding Honda CRX Pistons

You can get them at any dealer starting at 25 over or any
engine rebuilder.

o

Hi Kalining, checked with the dealer yesterday and they do not have these. They were able to locate 1 piston (it was in CA I believe). We need 4.

o

I checked our dealer and they can get them. They are a back order from the U.S. I can get all i want at 25 over. My machine shop can also get any pistons i want at any quantity in any size. I'm in canada so i'd phone around because the pistons you want come from the U.S. and they are readily avalable. Maybe you phoned the wrong dealer ?
What about your machine shops ? I can order them for you and send them out when they get here. About one month. That
is from the Honda dealer. Your missing something.

o

Kalining, the pistons you found are for the D15B6? 8 valve engine? There were only a certain number of these cars made and according to our dealer, there are no replacement pistons except the 1. They checked the national Honda warehouse in CA. Supposedly this list checks the entire list of Honda dealerships in the US. It's imperative that these fit the D15B6. Can you please e-mail me with the phone# of the dealer where you located these. wildflower444444@yahoo.com
Thank you!!!

o

Here is the thing. A dealer will have O.E.M. only. I'm very suprized our dealer found your pistons. Yes these are for the D15B6. Your best bet is to contact your engine rebuilders for after market pistons. You could call
1-800-4878341. Ask for Allan. It's Harvest Honda. Steinbach
Manitoba. They can get you a set but Honda only makes 25 over. They have to order them from the U.S. so i'd ask your dealer if they know what they'er doing or ask them to
put you in touch with a dealer that knows what they'er doing because to get the pistons you want i order them from your dealers. Something wrong here. No offence but every time i look at this site it seems no U.S. dealer has a clue what the hell is going on with any car they sell. They can't even fix it. Just my opinion. Good luck.

o

Kalining, just jumping back in here to say you were right, lol! We checked with a different dealer and they say they're on backorder but they can get them. Glad I asked here because with not being able to locate them on the net and trusting what our local dealer said, we were about to give up on the car.

o

Thanks wildflower for the feed back. The thing is DO YOUR
RESEARCH. I usually phone every dealer and parts company in the book. Someone some where has to have what i want or know someone that has it. Glad to help. Hope everything goes as planned. ( yah right, as if it gets that easy ).
Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here