Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my 'bishi galant...

Posted by sailor86 (My Page) on
Sun, May 4, 08 at 14:52

Only kidding about the grammar, folks. But really, what type/viscosity oil works best in a 4-cylinder, FWD small sedan(aka 2002 mitsubishi galant es, just over 100k miles)?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my 'bishi galant...

This information should be in your owner's manual. If you don't have one, it will be in a repair manual. Two other sources are the library and the local quick oil-change shop.

I don't have he specs for Mitisubishi, but I think is it similar to the Dodge Stratus. The 4 cy, 2.4 L, dual overhead cam, Dodge Stratus engine uses 10 W 30 for temperatures above 0 deg F; for temps of 32 F and less, use 5 W 30. (There is an overlap between 0 to 32 F where either grade can be used.) The "energy conserving" or "Energy Conserving 11" is recommended.

o

The guys at hte lube place used 5w-30 for my car. It is now almost summer. Do I need to change out the oil to 10w30? Is my engine in danger?

o

Late message here...But I use Castrol Syntec....any synthetic oil is good, there is little difference. on the other hand Royal Purple supposed to give extra HP...I recommend checking the manual or the TSB of ES to get the one that fits....

Link that might be useful for you: Mitsubishi Galant repair

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here