Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to figure out payments on new car

Posted by sharon620 (My Page) on
Fri, May 7, 10 at 10:43

Hello,
I would like to lease a new car. GMC is going to buy my Honda from Honda Finance. The price on the the new GMC is around 29,000 and my payoff on my honda is 19,000. Can any one tell me how to figure this out?

Thanks
Sharon

Even if I were to lease a new car with nothing down ( example) 30,000 with 6 percent sales tax.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to figure out payments on new car

I don't think you can with the info provided since you're leasing. Bottom line is going to be your going to get scr*wed big time from a financial standpoint doing this. Seems like you're one who changes cars all the time anyway so your concern should be with the monthly payment and are you comfortable with that. The dealer will tell you what that is going to be. You are in effect renting the car, not buying it. Costs a lot for the privilage of driving a new car all the time. jmo

o

I'm sorry if my driving a new car all the time offended you. But don't you worry my dear... I write ALL of my LEASE payments off.

Thanks for your concern though

Happy Spring :)

o

I'm not offended. Doing things the way you are doesn't make sense in the least for a vehicle used for personal transportation. If it does as a business owner through reducing taxes, more power to you. Good for the auto industry too.

o

http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/auto_loan_calculator_index.html

o

what did the dealer say they will give for trade in on your honda? you owe 19k. if the dealer gives you 19k for it, than the honda is gone, free and clear. but you seem to imply that there is a shortcoming. is the dealer offering you less for the honda than you owe?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here