Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to clean carpet inside your vehicle

Posted by Lifesabeach (My Page) on
Thu, May 19, 05 at 9:59

Hey guys,

This is my first time over on this forum (I'm usually on the laundry or cooking forum).

I've done a search but cannot find an answer. This is my question.... What is the best way to clean the carpet in a vehicle?

I'm wondering if using those spray on types that you just vacuum up work the best or if something like The Little Green Clean Machine should be used for BEST results.

I've heard pros and cons for both, so I'm wondering what you guys have the best results with.

Thanks for your advice,

Lifesabeach

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to clean carpet inside your vehicle

I just use a powerful vacuum and a brush (sometimes wire)..When really serious about, I remove the seats - a ton of trash and some good items can then be found..
This was easy on the older cars.
With a Saab 96 all a man had to do was simply slide out the seat. VWs were also cheap and easy to work on..
Now this can no longer be done - NOT good..

o

I wouldn't want to remove my seat since it has power, heat, cooling and memory.

o

Trial and error. Try the spray on cleaner, some of those products are very good. If it doesn't work, you aren't out that much in terms of money.

o

The best automobile carpet/upholstery cleaner I've used is
Blue Coral (liquid kind - Not Foam). Vacuum first and then spray until wet and scrub with a stiff nylon brush. Let it dry and vacuum again. Works great on removing grease and even removed a sucker (found under the child's car seat) that had melted into the seat upholstery.

o

I have a little bissel machine like you described. I used that thing with hot water and Pinesol or laundry soap and it looks like a new carpet when im done.

Remove the seats is a good idea unless you have side air bags then I would remove the seats.

Youll be suprsied how much dirt that thing pics up.

o

The Blue Coral Upholstry and Carpet cleaner is also great in the house. I also use it for spots on my carpet and furniture, especially cat barf.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here