Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where's the spark plugs?

Posted by sailor86 (My Page) on
Thu, May 29, 08 at 9:52

Concerning the 2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES I just bought, where are the spark plugs? I look but I don't see even a plug wire.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where's the spark plugs?

Under the cover that run down the center of the cylinder head(s). Whether this is the 4 cyl or the V-6 both utilize dual overhead cam cylinder heads. That causes the spark plugs to have to be positioned in the center of the combustion chamber. (Yes there are some exceptions to that)

This center cover often today contain the ignition coils for coil on plug systems, or simply cover the coils and the wire that runs to the companion cylinder on a DIS system. Many of the V-6 engines we see today require removal of the upper intake to service one of the sets of spark plugs.

o

So what you're saying is that the plugs and wires are on the top side underneath some sort of shield/guard?

o

Yes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here