Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
97 honda accord A/C HELP!!!

Posted by saxmann (My Page) on
Tue, May 4, 10 at 6:54

hi, i hope someone can offer me some advice on this?

the A/C on my 97 honda accord won't click on -- i've followed the power round to the relays and they are both fine - but no power coming through the wires after that point. i've checked all fuses and they are ok.

I'm really stuck on this one -- also i had the compressor replaced 2 years ago

Any Ideas??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 97 honda accord A/C HELP!!!

low freon will prevent the compressor from cycling on for most cars. on most cars you can disconnect battery for several minutes and than restart car and the a/c should cycle on for 10 seconds or so. if your car does this than it probably is low on freon. you can put a gauge set on the car and check systems pressures. static should be 75psi or so. if nothing works than it could be on the control side of system. most shops start by checking system pressures.

o
RE: 97 honda accord A/C HELP!!!

hi, thanks i've tried that but still no luck -- anymore ideas that could help??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here