Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mr Clean Auto Dry Car Wash

Posted by jsouth3 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 9, 05 at 23:58

I was at wal-mart looking at the Mr Clean Auto Dry is it as good as they say on tv,has any one used it.

Thanks
Jerry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mr Clean Auto Dry Car Wash

I watched my neighbor use it the other day, it really did work. Kinda' amazing...

o

Thanks Rocky i will give it a try

o

I have heard they work well, but arent they rather pricey?? I use my chamois ($15) and I'm done it about 15 minutes!! I guess im too cheap! lol

o

I saw it at wal-mart for 18.95 it must have been on sale
Jerry

o

I used it once so far and was pretty impressed. I just bought a brand new "Black" Prius and knowing how easily black will show scratches I thought one less step involving wiping and creating swirls would help. It did work well but as suggested, working in shade helps since it's still possible for water to dry on the car in the sun before the final rinse which is the part that prevents spotting. Hopefully this will cut down the amount of polishing I'll be doing in the future.

o

I just bought one today and did our 2 cars. I don't think it was meant for road dirt from rainy weather, unless I was supposed to get out my bucket and sponge. It did dry the car though, the the road dirt never came off. Not sure if I'll keep it....

o

You're still supposed to use a sponge or mitt to wash the car. Just squirt some of the soap onto it and the road dirt will come off. I soap up my mitt for every quarter of my car I wash.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here