Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2001 Toyota Sienna

Posted by jsouth3 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 22:06

My 2001 Toyota Sienna check engine light came on today,it has 87,700 miles this is the first time it has ever came on,check the owners manual it said to bring to the dealer,what could have cause this.

Thanks
Jerry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2001 Toyota Sienna

Maybe its the scheduled maintence item: time to change the oxygen sensor(s). Often, this code is stored in non-volatile memory and will not erase by disconnecting the battery. It requires a special tool to reset the code, and the dealer will not reset this code until he has changed the oxygen sensor(s).

I am not familar with Toyotas, but on some of my cars, the light that signaled it was time to change the oxygen senso((s) was a separate lamp and read, "maintence required". So maybe, a trouble code has been set. Who knows? The best way to find out is to read the code, or have the code read by a repair shop with the proper tools.
My advice: Quit guesssing and have the code read. Remember, reading the code is only the first step in diagnosing a problem.

o
RE: 2001 Toyota Sienna

Thanks,for the reply,I will take it in the next week.

Jerry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here