SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plaidthumb

tools

plaidthumb
17 years ago

Okay, just what tools are worth carrying these days? Or just a celphone for road service?

Our 17-yr old has her second car ('01 Saturn). This one is in good enough shape I feel comfortable with her driving it other than just to school/work. I started swapping the tool kit I had assembled for her first car ('81 Eagle) into the new car, and realized, there's not a hall of a lot that can be fixed or rigged on the side of the road these days. She's got a good head on her shoulders, and basic mechanical knowledge, good deduction skills, when she's not too spazzed-out to use them. Hey--she's got an artistic temperment; spends a little too much time in her own little world...

Here's what I came up with, other than jack/lug wrench/spare tire (and knowledge of how to use them), in no particular order:

4 in 1 screwdriver X 2

small channellocks

small crescent wrench

jumper cables

electrician's tape

duct tape

reflectors/flares (can flares still be had?)

assorted fuses

road service #

local mechanic's # (we're lucky--we found a good one)

Any thoughts or additions/subtractions? I'm considering one of those "roadside assistance" kits from WallyWorld/Harbor Freight, only with real tools replacing the cheapies.

I thought I had seen a thread like this last year here on the forum, but was unable to find it through searching.

Thanks.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor