SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aces67

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee constanty dying..

aces67
16 years ago

I have an 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited that I bought brand new. Shortly after buying it I noticed that it ran really rough when you stopped at red lights or stop signs. It kind of shook all over like it was trying to die. Then it did start dying. It never gave any warning when it died but it always did it at low speeds. The dealer couldn't figure out what was wrong with it because the check engine light never came on. One day the transmission locked up in third gear. When you pulled the shifter down into Drive the only forward gear it would go in was third and the engine light came on. At this point my regular warranty was up and I was running under my extended warranty. I paid my $100 deductible and they said supposedly the transmission needed servicing. They replaced the filters, gaskets and fluid. After that it started dying more and more often and I nearly got rear ended b/c of it. Now the dealer just called and says my torque converter is bad and b/c It's had this problem for so long it will be replaced for FREE.

My questions.. Do you really think it is the torque converter and would the torque converter have caused the transmission to lock up?? I'm worried that my transmission is having problems so early on. I only have 40,000 miles on my Jeep and I'm concerned that my transmission may go out completely before I hit 100,000 miles. What do you think??

Thanks Everyone!

Comments (2)

Sponsored