SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

Vehicle Shopping - civics, trucks, or...?

Debbie Downer
16 years ago

yeah a car forum, didn't know it was here.

Ive had several civic hatchbacks, which I've loved-- amazing what you can haul in those -- including 8' long countertops and boards!

I was going to get another but the prices around here are astounding- people asking for and getting WAAY over the blue book pricing, and way beyond what I was expecting based on previous Civic buys. That's if the car is still available by the time I get out to see it! I'm not sure why this is, I'm thinking maybe the high gas prices coupled with there not being that many used hatchbacks since they stopped making them for a while in late 90s/early 00s.

(And whats the deal with the tricked out hot rod Civics? Yikes. Is it worth looking into those? Assuming it doesnt look too weird and is something I, a nice middle aged lady, wouldn't be embarassed to be seen in! Do I assume if its been rebuilt they couldve done a good job?)

Since I don't need a car for commuting or for a lot of day to day stuff-- mostly for hauling ( I have a house I am restoring and need to transport lots o stuff) and for vacation/ camping -- I'm rethinking the civic and now thinking of small SIMPLE trucks or station wagons. Not interested in big honkin trucks or SUVs.

Saw an ad for example for a 93 toyota truck - no frills,no AC or power steering, with camper top - in great condition for $3,000. 2x4. What does 2x4 mean and why would I want or not want one?

Is it 2 wheel drive. If so what would the disadvantages be compared to 4 wheel. I'm not going off road, just urban and/or paved midwestern rural roads. Occasional driving in snow.

Also what other comparable vehicles would y'all suggest. I would want something with REASONABLE gas mileage (I think the Toyota truck would get something like 20-25), not huge, and completely reliable. Prefer SIMPLE NO FRILLS. Maybe a station wagon or other type of hatch?

T.I.A. for your input!!!!!!!!!1

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource