SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Waxing a car using Orbital Waxer thing

andrelaplume2
13 years ago

Twice a year I clean my cars and wax them with S100 paste. The ole wipe on - wipe off is getting old...I am too! I have seen these polisher things and watched some videos on their use. If I understand correctly, most people are using them to remove swirls and scratches and if you use a DA (?) type you need to be real carefull not to screw up your paint.

The reccomendation is to buy one that says ORBITAL on the box so you can *not* mess up your paint. Is this correct? I have NO interest in worrying about swirls or scratches. I just want somthing that applies the wax and removes it instead of using my hands.

I am not interested in spending $100+ on a porter cable (?) brand that seems to be the rave.

The Harbor Freight and B & D have mixed reviews but if I find one labelled ORBITAL (?) won't that work as well as my hands wiping on and wiping off.

If cheap enough, do I buy two so I can apply wax to a section with one machine and then wipe it off with another. B&D outlets sometimes have these referb'd with full warranty for $22....

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz