Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to clean between seats?

Posted by ramrice (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 29, 09 at 8:39

How do I vaccuum between my seats in the front of the car? The vaccuum nozzle won't fit. Is there any tool that is used to get the debris out? I have 2 bucket seats in the front, and I've run out of ideas. I don't want to pay an audto detailing place $120 just to do this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to clean between seats?

It is a tight fit. Believe it or not, but I had taped the tube that comes on a gas can to the end of my vacuum nozzle. It was long enough and skinny enough to reach down into those tight areas. But I am sure you would be able to buy something were you able to find it. I will look around and see if I can find something.

o

Believe it is called a "crevice" tool, Most vacuums come with one,it is just an attachment that fits onto ur hose, it is just long and thin, and gets into the hard to reach places. My shop vac came with one, even my Dyson home vacuum has 1.

o

The "easy" way is to simply unbolt the seat and move it out of the way. You will find that's only four bolts/nuts, and depending on the car one to a few wiring connectors that may or may not even need to be disconnected if you don't move the seat too far.

o

lol, I don't call that easy john,lol Of course I'm mechanically challenged!! One can find "crevice" tools at most Sears or Canadian Tires,home depots, just need to know the diameter of your hose.

o

What I always do is use a crevice tool and then I put the seat all the way back(then vacuum) and then all the way forward(then vacuum). I can get to everything that way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here