Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repair my vehicle before I trade it in?

Posted by susanb_tx (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 15, 10 at 23:54

I lease my cars. The car wash broke off my side mirror the day before I was trading in my last 2004 4Runner. They wouldn't repair it so I forked out almost $400 to have it repaired. Then someone told me I didn't have to do that to trade it in, that they didn't give me any more for the car than they would have if I hadn't fixed it.

Can someone tell me now - my lease expires in September on my new 2006 4Runner. It has a cracked windshield and the back bumper needs replacing. Is there any point in my having these things replaced. Will I get any less of a trade-in if they're not fixed? I'm not trading it in for another Toyota.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repair my vehicle before I trade it in?

What does ur lease agreement state?? Doesn't one have to turn in a lease in a certain condition, otherwise one has to pay for the repairs??

o
RE: Repair my vehicle before I trade it in?

the lease agreement states the cond. the vehicle must be in when turned in. reality is you have a huge gray area, depending on who your next lease is with, what your turning in, if your using the same dealer etc. i`ve leased cars for years, most have been in average shape when i turn them in, last one a chevy i turned in with a big dent in the door and a cracked wind sheild, but the dealer was hard up to keep me as a customer and waived all charges. with the problems toyota is having, i`d say if you went with another toyota, they`d prob wave it, another brand no so likely. check around

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here