SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

Sticking Parking Break, 2005 Chevy Colorado

jerry_nj
16 years ago

I have a 2005 Chevy Colorado compact pickup purchase new, and low mileage, under 10,000.

Last winter I had what I concluded was a sticking/frozen parking break. The symptom was when I released the foot actuated parking break and tried to back up, manual transmission, the truck wouldn't move until I gave it a lot of throttle and "rode" the clutch. Something banged/poped and the truck started moving, no more problems. As said, I figured something was frozen. Then today, with the temperature in the upper 40s, the same thing happened. Only this time it was worse, I tried first to back, then after checking the break release to be sure it was released, I tried to go forward, then again in reverse, when it again banged/poped and the truck started backing. Not other indications of a problem.

The factory warranty runs out in July, so I'm thinking of taking into the deal to have it checked...thinking I should in addition to describing the problem suggest it is a sticking parking break. It should be easy for them to check/lubricate/adjust to be sure. Then too, there may be a silent recall or allert or experience that will tell them what the problem is.

Advice welcome.

Comments (4)

Sponsored