SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andyf_gw

Inter-Dealership Vehicle Transfers, Concerns

andyf
18 years ago

When dealers don't have a new car model with all the options, they trade or swap with a dealer in another city.

This is my case.

My dealer found a vehicle matching my options in a another city 400 miles away. He said he would send one of his men over to get it. I am concerned about this because of the new car break in process that new owners are supposed to follow. Some MFGs specify not to take long trips at continous speeds and to vary the speeds if this isn't possible, and to keep under 50km/ph for the first 3000 km.

I didn't say anything about this in confidence they know what they're doing, and I suppose some trust is warranted. But when you figure the risk is all the owners, it isn't any consolation. Any injury of the motor can either happen right away, or show up has a general shortening of the motor's lifespan on the last month of the powertrain warranty, minus one. Then this of course will be blamed on the user's poor maintenance or bad driving or care practices.

I would prefer they use a rented flatbed to haul it than to have it driven. Another reason is that I want to have it undercoated at another shop on the day of pickup, and don't want the undercarriage to be coated with rain, dust or salt dust.

A little after the fact now as I already purchased it, but should I be concerned with this? What are the dealer processess involved in this sort of arrangement?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax