Mid Grade(89) $2.09
Super (93) $2.15

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Latest GAS Prices

Central Indiana: $2.14/$2.19/$2.24.

o

In Chinle, Arizona, 87 octane gas is $2.14/gal. How do you like those apples?
Norm

o

Today: GTA: $85.4/L. :(

o

Hmmm....I don't pay for gas; the U.S. Taxpayers do, because all my gas is fully deductible.

Diesel is about $2.29 a gallon, but biodiesel has remained the same, at $1.69, for two years now.

HA!

o

DIMWIT: that's pretty expensive - it is US$3.29 per US Gallon
- I do have to assume you did not mean that it cost $85.4/L but rather 85.4 cents/L :-)

JASON: Does that mean that you DO NOT EVER drive on the public highways?? What do you mean fully deductable anyhow?

o

got yah all beat. $.88.9 lt. Aprrox. $4.04 a gal.

o

Memphis--1.97/2.07/2.17---cheapest I saw on 3/13---bet it'll reach at least 2.25 ofr 87 by summer here. looks like the 4-wheeler will get parked and I'll start riding motorcycle everywhere----16mpg vs 50mpg

o

Oops. Yep:)

Jason, how do you find the bioD? Any mech probs? Has the service dept said anything to you yet?

o

Laurel, Maryland as of 3/18/2005
$2.01 (87), $2.09 (89), $2.19 (93)

o

Laurel, Maryland as of 3/23/2005
$2.07 (87), $2.17 (89(, $2.29 (93)

o

Hey Jason!
Fellow biodiesel user here..although I only use it for startup/shutdown. I run my 94 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, and my 84 Mercedes 190D on filtered waste fryer oils primarily.
At about .10/gallon filtered...how can you beat it!

o

expect a large jump in prices today, a b.p. refinery in texes just exploaded. this refinery supplied 3 to 5 % of the gas used in the country.

o

Bill H:

I think you mentioned we had only three refineries remaining in this country. If Texas had one producing 3-5%, what are the others doing? I thought there were at least two in Michigan, one at Woodhaven, and the other in Melvindale.

The gang in D.C. are doing a p-poor job representing us and keeping this energy mess from destroying what is left of the US economy. If they'd make an effort to develop an energy strategy, and insure energy independence from the rest of the world, we'd be in a lot better shape to resist attacks from the crazoids in the Middle East. Instead, we have B & Co, wasting money on tax cuts for the well-to-do, and road trips around the country pushing an agenda for destroying a safety net for retirement and attempting to hand a golden egg to Wall Street.

I have seen no one from Washington show any concern about the mess we are now in with the increase in energy costs, come out and suggest a plan to fight this war on our wallets. Somehow Bush can see 40 years into the future, a desparate need to do something about Social Security today, but he can't see a week beyond, the need to work on a solution to this energy crisis. Perhaps he thinks, since the $2.50 per gallon may be in line with 30 cent gasoline in 1970, in relation to the value of a dollar, there is no crisis. I don't know about you, but I don't see where people's incomes have gone up over eight times since 1970. If anything, they have gone down. Maybe for the execs, but not for the average worker.

GG

o

So by my calculations the price of gas may go up another 6 to 10 cents per gallon if the base price is $2.00 per gallon.

Here comes inflation!!!! :-(

o

Rockville, MD prices went up by $0.10 per gallon today! :-(

o

gooseberry guy, the one in woodhaven is long gone, theres a home depot there now. the detroit marathon refin. is still there, but its on turn around now, theres a big one in lima ohio, and a smaller one around the chicago area, there is also a small one in the toledo area that has limited output, think theres a couple of other small ones. overall not enough refineries, because along with crude the u.s. also imports alot of refined product.

o

Thanks for the info Bill. I used to go past the one at Woodhaven when I was working on the old Ford Casting Center, now Mazda, way back when, early '70's

I'm guessing some gasoline comes out of Sarnia, since they have so many petro-chemical plants around there, and it's just over the border.

GG

o

As of Yesterday 3/26/2005 the gas prices (the cheapest) in Laurel. Maryland from Shell, Exxon, Mobil was:
$2.09 (87) / $2.19 (89) / $2.29 (93)

The highest prices I found so far in Maryland is about 20 cents higher per gallon.

I heard that in Bakersfield, CA the gas prices are in the $2.49 (87)... OUCH!

o

I do not see a lack of refineries around my area.There every place.

o

Today: 4/1/2005 at Speedway, Mobil and BP
Columbus, Ohio

87: $2.25
89: $2.35
91: $2.45

This is the highest we've ever been.

o

April 01, 2005, Laurel, Maryland
Shell, Exxon, Mobil
$2.13 (87) / $2.19 (89) / $2.29 (93)

o

As of 4/8/2005 Gas prices for 87 / 89 / 93 Octane
LAUREL, Maryland
$2.19 / $2.29 / $2.39

Aspen Hill, Maryland
$2.35 / $2.39 / $2.49

o

In Daytona FL it's 2.35 unleaded regular. Sheesh

o

As of 4/11/2005 Norbeck, Maryland
$2.35 / $2.45 / $2.55 per US Gallon (87 / 89 /93 Octane) Mobil

o

Gas prices in Laurel, MD today:
$2.15 - 87 / $2.25 - 89 / $2.35 - 93

What prices have you got???

o

Northern NJ -
2.07 - 87
2.15 - 89
2.25 - 93

However, we pay so much toll to get around it cost more p/per mile to drive throughout the state.

o

Wisconcin:

$2.29 and rising agin, for unleaded regular

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here