SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenfumbers4fowbers

greasecar diesel conversion

My boss recently traded in the company's Subaru Station Wagon. For whatever business reasons, it was time to replace the car - fully depreciated, or whatever.

OK, so he's recently on a big kick about doing his part to "save the world." For him, that means that replacing the old car with a new Toyota Camry Hybrid was the best choice he could make. He's all excited that he gets great fuel mileage, and that it's really a good choice from an emissions perspective, too.

I'm not really in the market to replace my current vehicle, a 1997 Toyota RAV4 with 175K, but... if I were, I'd consider "trumping" his hybrid with a Waste Vegetable Oil conversion diesel. I'd be getting similar fuel mileage, but my fuel would be mostly FREE! (And my emissions would smell like FOOD!)

Anyone else looked at these conversions? There's a company in Massachusetts that has my attention right now. My husband works in a restaurant and they have to PAY to get rid of the fryer oil. They'd be happy to see someone take it away for free!

Check out http://www.greasecar.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Grease Car Conversions for Diesel cars

Comments (2)

Sponsored