SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonebloodyidle

Driving in fog

bonebloodyidle
15 years ago

I'm not in charge of the country, but if I was I would introduce a law that stipulates you must pass this test before you are allowed to drive in foggy conditions. The course running up to the test would include the following:-

1. How to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front for the available visibilty.

2. How to reduce your speed according to the conditions. Not too fast so it results in a fireball, not too slow that it makes the guy behind overtake when it may not be safe. Taking it handy is one thing but dawdling when conditions permit swifter movement is not recommended.

3. What light to use - DIPPED BEAM. Don't dazzle with main beam, don't just rely on side lights (you may as well have no lights on - they are invisible in fog)

But by a country mile the most important facet of the course will be as follows:-

LEARN HOW TO TURN OFF YOUR &%$*ING FOG LIGHT ONCE THE FOG CLEARS!

Of course enforcement of such a law is another topic for another day, but even if one eejit remembers to check and turn off their dazzling rear beacon as a result of this posting then it won't have been 87 wasted seconds of my lifetime.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Brenda M. Miller Designer of Interior Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars73 Reviews
Client-Oriented Interior Design in Loudoun County | Best of Houzz X6