Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Truck Rear Window Replacement

Posted by mister_h (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 07 at 16:02

My 01 Dakota rear window got shattered by a loosened cargo on the bed that I was carrying. A dealer is quoting me total of $700 for parts (sliding type) & labor.

Is the rear window replacement on a truck much different or more difficult than the front windshield?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Truck Rear Window Replacement

I dont know about Dodge but my Ford window would unbolt fron the inside. Check with you local auto glass company. They are generally much less expensive.

o

OK, I will check for any bolts holding the rear window. It appeared it's only glued on.
By the way, I found a web store selling a slidingr rear wondow for only $200... hopefully a good quality one.

o

One time I had to bash in the sliding window of one of my trucks because I got locked out in a deserted place. It was a long time ago and don't really remember what it cost but I know it didn't cost $700. I took it to harmon or one of those glass shops and watched as they took out the whole rear window then dook out the sliding part and put in a new sheet of glass. It was a lot more labor than I thougt but I know I wasn't all that upset because it wasn't much. Maybe $50-$100 somewhere in there.

o

He DOES NOT want to know about your stupid FORD ! He has a DODGE !!! Read the post title you moron !!!!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Posted by blue_fastback (My Page) on Mon, Mar 12, 07 at 16:08

I dont know about Dodge but my Ford window would unbolt fron the inside. Check with you local auto glass company. They are generally much less expensive

o

Well thanks for that kind, helpful and thoughtful post.
Must be from the south.

o
RE: Truck Rear Window Replacement5

Ugh I was wrong. Southern California. Gee and I thought everyone there was so friendly.

o

My hubby was thinking of going from Ford to Dodge when he saw how cheap the inside was he decided to stay with Ford.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here