SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john_g_gw

Why do I beat my head against a wall?

john_g
18 years ago

Because it feels so good when I stop... Anon...

I mentioned the S-10 with the theft deterrent problem in a different post. At one point the guy wanted me to "bypass" the system. Of course I wont do that I told him, it's better to simply fix it, or else I'm done. It turns out the TSB that applied for the harness repair, and removing a resistor that someone wired in attempting to bypass the Passlock system was the final repair for the theft deterrent.

The truck also has an ABS lamp coming on, the LF wheel speed sensor is erratic. This morning was the third time we talked, during the conversation the owner talked about how he had taken this truck back to the Toyota dealer they bought the truck at, a GM dealer, and at least five other shops and none of these places were able to solve the problems his truck has. It didn't matter if they were shade tree guys that looked at it, or great techs none of them could solve the problems. I asked him if I have lived up to his expectations, by solving the trouble and then he says, "we were trying to avoid paying to have it fixed".

Or at least something along that idea.

Oh well, fixing the car right isn't good enough, I have to do it for free. Guess he won't ever bring another car in.

Comments (6)

Sponsored