Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
having a problem with my headlights

Posted by pondwater (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 2, 10 at 7:34

okay this ius what is happening i have a 99 suziki vitara and the headlights are not turning on the car has drl(daytime running lights) and when those are on all of the lights work just fine (head lights tail lights) but when it comes for night time and my lights turn on it turns on my dash lights but my headlights go out, my tail lights stay on. if i set it to high beams they are still off but if i pull towords me as if to flash a person the lights come on, i have no clue where to start looking for this and need some pointers as where to start

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: having a problem with my headlights

Assuming all fuse/breakers are fine, I'd be looking at the DRL module. I have encountered both headlights failing (this be back in the days of sealed beams) at the same time, but the fact you have no high beams also would make me think module.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here