SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johndeere_gw

What do you do to prevent door dings?

johndeere
19 years ago

I just hate door dings from careless people who could careless.I park way out and try to get the end parking place with a grass area on one side.That way I only have to worry about one side.

Also why is it when there is a forty acre parking lot and you stay out to prevent the careless door openers from banging your vehical.Parking where there is no car on either side.Plenty of other places to park.When you come out there will be a car on both sides?

I try to park next to nice clean well taken care of cars if the lot is full.I feel they think like me.Rather then the banged up the owner could careless about car.

Something else that bugs me are the shopping carts.People just leave them set.Rather then putting then in the area that contains them from rolling into a vehical.There to lazy to walk a few steps extra.

I do not like to see people take two parking spots to prevent a ding.However its tempting.I feel its a sure way to get keyed or something.But im willing to walk in from as far back as possible for a better chance at avoiding the Dings I do not want.

I have been fairly lucky but its a always got to think to park smart.I park in the employee parking area at places like Walmart.I learned that the white lined area way out is that area not the yellow line area.Not that they would not bang it up.But chances are I will be in and out of the parking spot before they get off work.Also door dingers like to park close.They do not like to walk anymore then being careful about there doors opening.

Why is it cars are smaller then they use to be but the parking spots are also?I guess they had to make more spots for more cars.

I have gotten two Dings in the past 14 years on two different cars and both of them were recieved at a Motel.I learned after the last one about 6 years ago to stay at a place with wide parking spots.The heck with the occomidations.Just so they have nice wide parking spots way out back.

I have recieved a few other souvineer dings but im not sure where they happened over the years.

Comments (52)

Sponsored