Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Front End Damage??

Posted by shalynn (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 1, 07 at 21:16

It snowed yesterday and while I was turning left I hit a slick spot and slammed into a curb going about 25 miles...there was no damage to the body of the car that I can see...its just that now there is a constant grinding sound and in order for me to drive straight down the road my steering wheel is about 45 degrees more to the right than normal....what has happened??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Front End Damage??

time to write a check at the repair shop. ouch!

o
RE: Front End Damage??

Probably bent a tie rod or control arm. If you have comp/collision insurance it will be covered less your deductable. I strongly suggest you don't drive this car again till it's fixed. Have it towed. You think it was hard steering on a slick spot. You really won't like it when parts of the suspension or steering fall apart as you're tooling down the road. On coming traffic won't like it either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here