SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pcdj64

no power when first started

pcdj64
11 years ago

i have a 2000 VW beetle GLX with a 1.8T engine and 01M automatic transmission.
i got a code a few days ago for a faulty mass airflow sensor so i bought a rebuilt done by A1 Cardone, i disconnected the negative terminal on the battery and installed the new sensor.
i cleared the code and then started the car, at first it was a little hard to start and would stall at stops, that has gotten better, i am told that it takes a few days for the computer to set the new perimeters for the new sensor, i have 90 percent new vacuum lines, a new secondary air pump, the original seized and i have new hoses on the new pump since the originals were shot.
the engine had a new cylinder head, timing belt and water pump just before i got the car last october, for the most part it runs excellent, lots of power and smooth idle etc. but i did notice that 2 days after the sensor was put in it bogs down on takeoff after you first start it even warm, after a minute or less it runs like nothing was wrong.
i am wondering if it isn't the computer still calibrating.
the only thing the CEL is on for is a bad charcoal canister, no other codes present and no freeze frame data available.

i appreciate any help i can get, thank you for taking the time to read the long post.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH