Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A little Truck That Might help Someone

Posted by iggie (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 29, 08 at 16:42

After recently helping my grandson replace the head gaskets on his car, I was approached by a young friend of his who was trying to replace the water pump on a 93 Pontiac Bonnerville with the 3.8 engine, He had been able to remove all the bolts except one long stud. This stud was in such a position that a stud puller could not be used,AND the pump could not be moved with this stud in place. he was told a special close quarters stud puller would be needed. He could not find one at a rental place. He ask what would I suggest, after looking at the situation, I suggested he screw two nuts on the stud, lock them together, then back the stud out by using an end wrench on the bacK nut. This worked fine. I relate this in the hope it might help someone else, with a similar problem.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A little Truck That Might help Someone

Oh, a TRICK. Your title said a TRUCK!

o
RE: A little Truck That Might help Someone

I am like Iggie when I run into a problem like that I use a TRUCK. It works every time. :>) Keep up the good work. Just remember that old saying ( oops there is that word again "old") it's not how much work you do it is how you do it.

Oh yea! Watch out Iggie I am starting to catch up with you age wise. Now with that said I have to go shovel snow. :>(

Have A Good Day
Bob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here