Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Car Vacuums

Posted by mepop (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 26, 07 at 15:31

Why is it I cant find a really good, really powerful vacuum cleaner for cars? I like to keep my cars clean but even the vacs at the car washes dont have the ability to get into the small spaces of my vehicles. I dont want some massive mastodon shopvac that I need to drag out for my wife to use but something smaller that works fast.

Any recommendations anyone? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Car Vacuums

I have a small Sears craftsman "shop vac" vacuum. Easily fits in my Camry's trunk!

Here is a link that might be useful: vacuum

o

You could haul out your regular household vacuum cleaner. These have plenty of attachements to get into nooks and crannies and most are powerful enough to do the job.

The last time we replaced our household vacuum cleaner, I kept the old one for such knock-around jobs.

o

I second that last. I've had better luck with the house vacuum cleaner and the nook&crannie attachments.

o

My craftsman came with a pile of tools. The one benefit of a "shop vac" is tha it can pick up liquids!! Which came in very handy a few weeks back!! I put my XL dunkins coffee in the cup holder. My dog jumped up and knocked it over!! Coffee everywhere, driving down the road,lol wasn't fun! I had coffee everywhere. Took awhile to clean up, the shop vac came in very handy!!

o

I have one of those little Craftsman shop vacs.Looks just like the big ones only small.They work very well.I have 3 Craftsman shop vacs Big Medium and Small.That little one is no wimpy little vac.

o

Do you need an upholstry brush attachment or just a vacuum? Why not get one of theose little handheld units like Dustbuster. I use the handheld unit from my Pronto stickvac.

I also got a little handheld vacuum model that plugs into a cigarette lighter. Great for quick touch ups for things like cig ashes and food crumbs and you can keep it in the car all the time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here