Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
jeep liberty question

Posted by hayden2239 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 2, 07 at 14:24

Ok, I'm asking a question here that maybe someone can answer, or knows someone who knows.
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty. I have noticed that since the colder weather came, every once in a while the car acts like I have to wait for it to drop into gear when I pull away from a stop. Doesn't do it in 4 wheel, only two wheel. Doesn't do it all the time, maybe only 1/4 of the time.
My main point here, before calling the dealer is that I don't want to appear stupid, like if they tell me it is something the trans-axel or the curb feelers or the headlights cause, and it is a characteristic of 2w/4w vehicles, nor do I want to be taken advantage of, and have them treat me like the car-ignorant woman that I am.
I used to be able to ask DH about these things, but he's had 9 heart surgeries in the past 10 years, and that bypass machine has done a number on his brain, as it is wont to do, and I do not want to make him feel inadequate, like he cannot take care of the problems in his household. Besides, he is currently down with pneumonia for the third time since thanksgiving, and has enough to handle right now.
So, does anyone else know anything about this kinda thing?
Thanks
Michele

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jeep liberty question

If you go in the door expecting to get taken advantage of, the dealer has absolutly no chance of satisfying you with your vehicle questions, or your vehicles needs.

Auto technicians primarily work from symptoms described by the owner of the vehicle as a starting block. They have no reason to try and make you feel stupid if your car is doing something that makes you think it isn't working the way it should. Besides, it's under warranty. If something isn't right, there should be no charge to you for them to address it. If they check it, and don't find anything wrong it's OK.

So, call them up, and talk to them exactly as you wrote here. Don't be afraid to tell them your worried because your husband is not able to handle this responsibility any more. Also, don't get excited and think they are trying to take advantage of you if they do suggest basic maintanence is due on your car while they have it. Doing the job correctly actually means they should be checking those things. Now if you know you have been keeping up the servicing on your car, then it's always your right to say no. If your not sure if you have kept up on the scheduled services the way you should, then refer to your owners manual. The scheduled services are outlined quite clearly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here