Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Front Sway Bar End Links

Posted by timbulb (timbulb@hotmail.com) on
Sat, Feb 23, 08 at 10:37

Today I noticed one of my front sway bar end links on my '02 Mazda 2300 2WD truck is broken.

Do I need to replace both sides, one side seems fine still. Do I need to jack up one side or both sides to replace it? Any other tips? Or problems I might run into?

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Front Sway Bar End Links

On a Blazer that I replaced one on, it was necessary to cut the broken end link off, but the replacement one was a different design and it slid right on. I just replaced the side that was broken. If yours is the same (needs to be cut off) and you do not have an easy way to do that, just take it to a shop and have them put it on; it's very easy if you have the vehicle on a lift. If yours does not need to be cut off, it'd be easy to do yourself.

o

Odds are if one broke, the other is close behind...

o

Well I replaced both sides and it was a pretty simple job. The one that was broken came off like a breeze, but the link that was still intact was tough to remove. Went through 6 dremel cutting wheels to cut it off. Besides the removal of the old parts, one of the simplest jobs I've done on my own. The truck feels like new.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here