Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old collection of car emblems-pictures

Posted by angeldog (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 12, 09 at 7:56

My 85 year old father bought a house with a shed and this collection of old car emblems inside the shed. Does anyone know if these are collectible, valuable, etc?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old collection of car emblems-pictures

put em on graigs list, someone will want them

o

I wouldn't have any idea what to list them for. Does anyone have a ballpark figure?

o

Hate to dissapoint you, but they really are very unlikely to carry any significant value. Best advice is if you want to sell them, take the best offer you can get. It is easy to go onto e-bay and find everyone of these, although many of the ones you find on e-bay are still in packages, unused. Its typical for them to sell for 10-15% of the original value when new.

o

John..thank you for the insight. Maybe I'll just post the whole lot on Ebay and see what it brings.

o

you might be able to pedal these at "old farm equipment" shows, or "classic car shows". Visit these shows to get an idea of the going price. If you know of an association of old farm equipemt, contact them; Let them know that you have these emblems and would be willing to part with them at the right price.

o

Hey angeldog, we are restoring a 1970 Ford Galaxie 500 Fastback and have been looking all over for the correct Galaxie 500 emblem (top right of the first photo). So for us this emblem is valuable! Would you be willing to sell it to us? Thanks - dazzle59

o

post it on ebay and email the editor at jalopnik.com -- they love these old badges and will probably promote it for you.

o

The sentimental value may be worth far more than the monetary value. Maybe find out who previously owned the shed, if they are no longer in this world have they relatives who may want to keep these? Otherwise they are little more than junk unless you find a collector, which I can say from experience of selling such items on ebay is not always easy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here