Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I re-attach the car remote to the key ring?

Posted by tinynedl (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 1, 07 at 3:54

My car remote unlocker came off the key ring because the hole the ring goes through broke. Does anyone know which adhesive I should use, or is there another way to repair it? Thanks so much in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I re-attach the car remote to the key ring?

If the unlocker is plastic and the hole is complete (that is, no pieces missing), you could use either polystyrene cement (the kind used for model airplanes) or cyanoacrylate ("Super Glue"). If it's metal attached to plastic, you probably could use cyanoacrylate on that, as well.

o
RE: How do I re-attach the car remote to the key ring?

You don't. drill another hole or buy another universal
remote and have it reprogramed. In the future you might want to grab the keys instead of the large remote as you rip it out of your pocket or purse.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here