Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Steering Rack Compatibility

Posted by bucky (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 11, 11 at 0:20

Fellas: A buddy of mine has a 2002 Ford Thunderbird with a bad steering rack. He is having difficulty finding a new rack to replace the bad one. He thinks that the Lincoln LS is built on the same platform as his Thunderbird and that the steering rack should be interchangeable. Neither the dealer where he bought the car, or Ford Canada will provide him with this information which I find rather odd. Anyway: Could anyone on the forum advise if the steering rack on the Lincoln LS and Thunderbird are the same or not?
Thanks a lot

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Steering Rack Compatibility

Check the part numbers of both steering units (if you can get these). If the part numbers are the same, I'd think these were interchangeable. However, the part number for the Thunderbird could be different than the Lincoln even though the units were essentially the same.

o
RE: Steering Rack Compatibility-2

Try this site: www.Rockauto.com

The link below should take you to RockAuto's catalog listing for:

Ford 2002 Thunderbird > Steering> Rack and Pinion Complete Unit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rack and Pinion Complete Unit

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here