SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janie_ga

touch up paint and cold weather

janie_ga
13 years ago

Hello, I am usually on the Kitchen Table forum but need car help.

My car was banged up this week- a fellow college student backed into it in the parking lot. There are a few spots where the paint chipped off. The spots are about the same size that results from road gravel hitting the car. I am in WV and we have LOTS of road gravel because of all the snow and stuff- I have a couple of those spots that need attention, too.

I need to touch up the spots before the weather warms up because of all the chemicals/salt they put on the roads. I do not want it rusting before warm weather (probably May if last year is any indication!).

I do not have a heated garage (heck, we do not even have a driveway) nor do I know anyone that has one. The 10-day forecast does not have above freezing temps. The touch-up paint I have recommends not using it below 70 degrees. Any suggestions- would a hair dryer work to help set the paint? And maybe a heating pad on the metal to warm it up before applying the paint?

There is a minimum of a 2 month wait for the body shop to fix the dents so I need to get something on it even while I am waiting on the repairs- we should start getting snow again SOON.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living