SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kalining

I see Murphy is practising law again

kalining
16 years ago

It is now 37 below with a 51 below wind chill. Wife phones and says battery light is on. I'm 60 miles from her ( so ).

I tell her the alternator is bagged. You have about half to 3/4 of an hour to get it to " mom's place ". Do not turn on your lights, run on the driving lights and put the heater on just enough to keep the windows clear. When the battery gets below 8 volts the fuel pump and the ignition says " by - by ". this is fine with her. She then phones back and says she has the engine running but can't turn the steering wheel. Well the belt blew off. Thanks for telling me this on your first call. My brother

picks her up and takes her to mom's. She leaves the car.

She works for the " general " so they will bring it into the shop tomorrow. She then phones me back and says she heard a loud bang, snap sound, and a " flap, flap, flap

sound when she first started the car. Why didn't she say that in the first place ? My point being and i know all

you good techs and John know what i'm talking about. I can't get proper info over the phone from my wife, which

has been with car guys most of her life and you poor guys

are tring to fix cars over the net with clueless nut cases

that have no idea of how a car works. What is the point ?

Let me clarify that. 25 percent are us. We fix cars for a living. 25 percent know what they are doing but don't have the tools. 25 percent have some idea but need some help

with just figuring out how a car works. The other 25 percent go to this site and think they can get a free fix

for free and all they need is a screw driver. Sorry for that. Nut case was a bad word. I take that back, to a point. My original point was i can't get proper info and

all info over the phone from my wife's car problem and you guys are tring to fix cars over the net ? I can tell you how to check a H.O.T. and do a probe to ground and by pass

the B+ and get the power supply to fire up but if you have no idea of what i'm talking about,what's the point. we've

had over 1 month of this weather so i guess i'm just getting a little fed up. Just my in put. Please disregaurd

this post if i offended anyone. Nut case was not the best

choice of words.

Comments (4)

Sponsored