Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dented rim

Posted by displayname (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 22, 07 at 18:18

I have a infiniti its a g-20. Today i wasnt paying attention and i hit a curb. I ruined my rim, could i go where i bought those rims and just buy one new one? it cost me 700$ for 4 wheels and rims so how mich do you think one rim would cost?? any help would be great

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dented rim

if you have aftermarket rims on there, the type of car is pretty irrelevant. what matters is the price of the rims. when you say $700 for "wheels and rims" Do you mean Tires and rims? if so that's $175/ea. not really expensive for new tire and rims.

to directly answer you question, identify the brand rim that you need, find a supplier either local or online and buy one...yes they do sell wheels individually. The other option is to look for a used one on ebay or in local classified ads. you might get lucky. If the "dent" is enough to throw off alignment or balance, you might want to get it taken care of soon before you creatre other problems.

hope this helps

o
RE: dented rim

Depends on whether they make the same rims anymore.Also,on whether it's chrome. There are places that fix them,but if it's chrome you might as well buy a new one if you can. Chrome wheels cant be fixed without being re-chromed.
No chroming places are doing re-chroming wheels anymore because of EPA and it's too expensive.
If it's a silver wheel it can be repainted.
My husband has been doing custom wheels for 10 years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here