Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oil filter

Posted by joe_mn (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 7, 13 at 17:43

I see Walmart has the cartridge style oil filters for some cars. Like the 2.2 Saturn ecotec motor but NOT the 3.0 motor. I reckon there are few 3.0 Saturn motors on the road. But Walmart got rid of their house brand filters anyway so all they carry now is fram and they charge the same price as oreilly or autozone. No money to be made in auto parts. Gotta sell flat panel tv's I guess.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oil filter

oil pan bolt has a female torx drive. t-45. and i have a 40 and 50. time to buy a 45 bit or get a hex head bolt for oil pan. filter cap came off easily. the filter cartridge body is bolted to oil filter bracket or side of engine block. i cannot really tell but it has been known to loosen and leak at o-ring seal. but luckily it came loose as designed. u can remove housing and install a threaded coupler and than use a standard metal shell oil filter. pf-47 or typical GM filters.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here