SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kalining

Sorry to bug you John G but

kalining
16 years ago

1996 taurus G.L. Had the front end aligned. The tech on the machine said the rear wheels were " at the maximum

allowable ". I said fix it. He said it didn't need it.i said fix it. I wasn't done. This car still pulls to the right and it seems that it wants to fish tail. You drive this car at all times. You don't let up for a second or your gone. Not realy but that is how it feels. My 95 was done by the same shop and it is perfect because i MADE him

do the back wheels. I can let go of the wheel on the 95

and go to the back seat and make a drink. Well not realy but you know what i mean. I don't have my notes but one of the fords has to be dead on for the alignment. Is this 96 one of them ? The tires are new and i fixed the V.S.P.S.

It doesn't go nuts when it hits black ice but it feels

weird comparied to the 95. The 95 is a G.L. with a 3.8.

4 wheel disk with A.B.S. Same as the 96. The 96 is 205/60/R15. The 95 is 205/65/R15. all suspension parts and

ball joints were replaced. Had to be done on both cars. The

96 is going back to the frontend shop next week. This car is going to the wife. If i don't like the way it drives she ain't gittin it.( yah i know ,boys, give her the car,

maybe i'm in her will ).L.O.L. What do your notes say, john? The only thing i didn't do was measure the deck hight. It does look low on the rear. I have not ruled out

sagging rear coils. As you know i've seen thicker cigars

than coils on the Taurus. It does seem that if you keep

driving it for about 1/2 hour or 30 miles it does seem to

" feel " better. Maybe the rack IS toast? Maybe i'm getting used to the car ? I don't find a problem with it in the city. Maybe it's me ? Open to all. Please chime it

all you good techs. As you all know you can never stop

learning. I've probably over looked something.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kwon Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Loudoun County, VA