SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldensmom_gw

92 Camry Question

goldensmom
15 years ago

I've been posting about my car on here for a couple of years & everyone is so helpful so please someone help now....

Dec. 18 get my camry inspected at Dealership who has been servicing my car for years. Pass inspection but let them talk me into getting a throttle cleaning (which I thought was fine because it was running rough). Left the 19th for vacation & returned the 31st (not in the camry). On the 31st I start it and it didn't sound right so I left it run for about 5 minutes and off I went. Stopped at a store and when starting the car again it cranked but wouldn't start. AAA took it to dealership and they told me it wasn't firing and replaced wires, spark plugs, dist. cap, etc. for 500.00. Drive it home & next morning same thing...cranks but won't start...to make a long story short after some long bickering they agreed to tow it at their expense and look at it. They have had it since and call me everyday to tell me it is starting fine. It has 91,000 miles on it and up until they did the throttle job the car was fine. I really trust this place as they never ripped me off before but they want me to pick it up tomorrow as they feel its an intermittent problem that they can't detect.

(the tow truck guy tried to start it before loading it and said whoa that sounds horrible...something is wrong).

I told them today to check the fuel filter....any suggestions??? Please respond if you can ASAP before they make me take it tomorrow. Thanks ...

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner