SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Blown tire on a dying car........

catherinet
9 years ago

Well, in my other post I talked about how my transmission is dying. It's a 2001 Honda Odyssey.
I've been driving it very little and very gently, hoping to get through another month or 2. Well, today I was going to town (out in the country), and there was a terrible constant roar in the car and it wouldn't go past 2nd gear. I turned around and thankfully made it home. I was thinking transmission.

But when I got home I looked at the tires, just to make sure they were okay, and one of the back ones was exploded, so to speak. Dang. I guess I didn't even think of the tires because there was no pulling to one side, and no problems with the steering wheel.
Anyhow........here's my dilemma.....It's going to be below zero for awhile and I don't really want to look for a car. Would it be possible to just get 1 tire replaced? I know everyone always says 2, at least, but I just don't want to put any more money into this car, since the transmission could die tomorrow.

Is it impossible to find a place that would have a tire that would just work fairly well on a very limited basis? Too bad they don't put "real" tires in for spares.

I just want to get through another month or 2 without sinking more money into this.
Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio